Sunday 10 October 2010

Hello mexx..



I'm not much of an internet clothes shopper but I just fell across this Mexx campaign site and I thought it was wonderful. The full screen photography combined with bright lighting that seems to twinkle off the cool blue background is just beautiful. They've created this dreamy, wintery world that makes you want to snuggle up in front of the fire in that new wooly Mexx jumper. The photography is aspirational but not in an intimidating, high fashion way. The models, especially the children are so natural and have their own unique look. The music also adds to the other worldliness of this site. It starts a little eery, made up of strings a steady but soft beat and sounds that in my head are a little like water droplets.

To me this sight is so effective beacause it's clean and very simple to use but also takes you away from everyday life and into Mexx's world. It does what a shop does and surrounds you in the essence of the brand and makes you feel involved. For me this sight is more alluring than many high-fashion sights because it welcomes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment