Tuesday 13 July 2010

Out of season

First post, here goes nothing...

Had a spare half hour at work today so was just faffing around on the web as you do and fell across these fantastic illustrative Christmas cards created by Tad Carpenter.


It may still be summertime (even if it is pouring with rain in Leeds right now) but it's never too early to stock up on your Christmas cards, especially when they're this awesome. I normally make all my cards, but these I may actually buy.

Each year Carpenter tries to design a new series of cards which are silkscreened onto chipboard. I love the untraditional colour palette, the use of metallic grey with bright yellow is a bold move that's really paid off. I admire anyone that can make Christmas graphics look this good, not an ounce of red or green anywhere... Nice one.

No comments:

Post a Comment